A positive state of mind is one of the first rules of good health. Here I explain how to break the cycle of negative thoughts to live a healthier life
The science of polarity therapy is founded on physical and metaphysical principles that exist throughout our lives, principles that operate no matter how unaware of them we may be. One of these is that each thought we have creates an energy of its own. If you continually focus on this thought it will manifest into a reality of some kind through your emotions in your internal or external life.
In polarity therapy, we are not only concerned with releasing stress and pain from the body but getting a client to recognise their own thought patterns as these may well be the cause of the problem in the first place or at least a contributory factor. A positive state of mind is one of the first rules of good health. When you are genuinely joyful you are less likely to be susceptible to disease. Happiness attracts a greater supply of positive energy into every cell of the body.
Negative thoughts and attitudes, on the other hand, impede the flow of life energy. They affect our anxiety levels, which has a detrimental effect on our digestion, which in turn results in the cells of our body not being nourished and wastes not being properly eliminated. The result is dis-ease, which usually strikes that part of the body that happens to be the most susceptible due to inherited weaknesses, poor diet, lack of exercise, fresh air and so on.
How you think is how you feel.
When I work with clients I am not just concerned with releasing stress and pain from the body, or just looking at your business balance sheets, but I get you to recognise your own thought patterns that may well be causing the problem in the first place. Restricting growth in your life, relationships or business.
When your mind is in good health, you feel happier and happiness attracts a greater supply of positive energy into every cell of the body. Whereas, negative thoughts and attitudes impede the flow of life energy.
To give you an example; the way that you think will have an effect on your anxiety levels. When you become anxious and start thinking way too much about the future, this will trigger a physical effect as our stress hormones are activated to deal with a situation that isn’t in the now, yet your body is getting ready to deal with it. A build-up of this stress hormone starts to create an imbalance in your body chemistry and problems start to arise. Panic attacks, feelings of fear for no real reason, disturbed sleep, digestive problems, pain and tension in the body.
Re-balance your thinking and learn to focus and think in the now more than thinking in the future.
Breaking negative thought patterns….
Become aware of how you are thinking, what thoughts constantly run around uncontrolled in your mind. How do these thoughts make you feel inside?
Avoid suggesting to your mind thoughts of sickness, lack, old age, death; thoughts of worry, fear anger or jealousy, for these thoughts create negative vibrations in your life and will attract ‘that which you put out’
Choose a positive mindset of health rather than sickness. Thoughts of vitality, joy, love, peace, and happiness will activate the same positive state of mind and body.
Focus on other ways to help your mental health.…
- Avoid negative thoughts, actions and words – particularly such words as hate. These sentiments will only serve to perpetuate that negative experience. Like attracts like, so loving thoughts and actions will attract love.
- Affirmations are a positive statement and an easy way to start changing your mindset. Choose ones that suit your needs, such as; “I enjoy vibrant health” or “I am calm and peaceful despite what’s going on around me right now”
- Select a quiet zone in your environment, where you can free your mind from worry and restlessness and focus on positive dreams and aspirations instead.
- Any time you catch yourself thinking negatively, change it to a positive affirmation.
- When communicating some correction (rather than criticism) to someone, do it with understanding and acceptance. If your correction alienates someone, it was probably not done with love. Practice communicating from the heart not the head.
- Find the good and praise it. We experience a great deal of criticism and blame in life and the result is that we learn to be angry, defensive, unhappy and often are lacking in self-esteem. We need to acknowledge and appreciate, so if you find yourself judging someone, look for something positive about that person.
- Learn to accept correction with the right attitude.
- If people come to you feeling depressed, find a way to uplift their spirits, so they leave feeling happier about themselves and life.
- Strive to change yourself by the way you think about things.
- Learn to meditate. Meditation leads to peace which opens the heart to the inflow and outflow of Love.
Polarity therapy sessions not only help you release pain from your body but also get you into a healthy mindset, release unhelpful patterns from the past and helps you to re-pattern a new reality for your life through creating positive thoughts and attitudes.